|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|C||6V-9510||Face Seal Plug||1|
SERVICE DATA: TOOLING (C) WILL NOT BE IDENTIFIED IN PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE REMOVAL OR THE INSTALLATION. THIS TOOLING IS SHOWN IN ORDER TO ASSIST THE EXPERIENCED SERVICEMAN.
Note: Cleanliness is an important factor. Before the disassembly procedure, the exterior of the component should be thoroughly cleaned. This will help to prevent dirt from entering the internal mechanism.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic oil is hot and under pressure. Hot oils can cause burns.
To prevent possible personal injury, release the pressure in the implement hydraulic circuit (boom, stick, bucket, and swing), travel circuits, and the hydraulic oil tank at the filler cap before any hydraulic lines or components are disconnected or removed.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped and the filler cap is cool enough to touch.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, “Caterpillar Tools and Shop Products Guide” for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Caterpillar products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Put identification marks on all hose assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Install Tooling (B) under the front of the boom for support.
- Release the hydraulic system pressure. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, “Hydraulic System Pressure – Release”.
- Disconnect two hose assemblies (2) at the head end of the stick cylinder. Disconnect grease tube (3) at the head end of the stick cylinder.
- Remove the nuts and retaining bolts (4). Remove pins (1). Remove stick cylinder (5). The weight of the stick cylinder is approximately 73 kg (161 lb).
- Remove the shims that are used at the pin joint for the stick and for the boom.
Note: Shims may be used between the stick cylinder and the stick. Shims may be used between the stick cylinder and the boom. These shims are used to adjust the lateral clearance between the components at the pin joint. Put identification marks on all shims for assembly purposes.