Note: The engine speed and/or the machine configuration that is used during this test can affect the results of this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Engine Performance – Test” for the engine speed that was used for this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Operational Checks” for the machine configurations that were used for this test.
Note: The relief valve pressure settings must be set to the relief valve pressure specification before performing this operational check. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Specifications”.
- Position the machine on level ground. Refer to Illustration 1.
- Load the bucket.
Weight of bucket load … 375 kg (825 lb)
- Raise the boom until the top stick pin is the same height as the boom foot pin.
- Fully extend the bucket cylinder.
- Fully retract the stick cylinder.
- Extend the stick cylinder rod 70 mm (2.8 inch) from the fully retracted position.
- Measure each cylinder’s length from cylinder pin to cylinder pin.
- Stop the engine.
- Leave the machine in this position for three minutes. Measure each cylinder’s length from cylinder pin to cylinder pin for drift.
|Cylinder Drift (Loaded Bucket)|
|New Boom Cylinder||New Stick Cylinder||New Bucket Cylinder|
|6.0 mm (0.24 inch) or less||12.0 mm (0.47 inch) or less||18.0 mm (0.71 inch) or less|