The following service tools should be used in order to troubleshoot the electrical system easily:
- 146-4080 Digital Multimeter
- 8T-3224 Needle Tip (Multimeter)
- 7X-1710 Multimeter Probe
- 8T-8726 Adapter Cable (3 Pin Breakout)
- 4C-4892 ORFS Fittings Group
- 6V-3000 Connector Repair Kit (Sure Seal)
- 4C-3406 Connector Repair Kit (Deutsch)
Use the 146-4080 Digital Multimeter or use an equivalent multimeter in order to make continuity checks and voltage measurements. The 7X-1710 Multimeter Probe is used to perform measurements at connectors without the need to disconnect the connector. The probes are pushed into the back side of the connector and alongside the wire. The 8T-8726 Adapter Cable (3 Pin Breakout)is used to perform measurements in the circuits for the sensors.
Note: Unless you are testing a harness, the 8T-0500 Continuity Test Light or the 5P-7277 Voltage Tester is not recommended for use on electrical circuits.