Note: The engine speed and/or the machine configuration that is used during this test can affect the results of this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Engine Performance – Test” for the engine speed that was used for this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Operational Checks” for the machine configurations that were used for this test.
Note: The relief valve pressure settings must be set to the relief valve pressure specification before performing this operational check. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Specifications”.
- Perform the following steps in order to test the operating speed of the blade cylinder.
- Start the engine.
- Place the hydraulic activation control lever in the UNLOCKED position.
- Place the machine on level ground.
- Place the machine controls at the following settings: Engine speed dial “10” and Low idle switch OFF.
- The bucket should be empty.
- Position the upper surface of the boom parallel to the ground.
Illustration 1 g00727786
(A) Extension test
(B) Retraction test
- Position the stick so that the stick is perpendicular to the ground.
- Fully extend the bucket cylinder.
- Fully retract the blade cylinder.
- With a stopwatch, measure the time that is required to fully extend the blade cylinder.
- Position the blade cylinder at full extension. With a stopwatch, measure the time that is required to fully retract the bucket cylinder.
- Refer to the specifications in Table 1 for the operating speed of the blade cylinder.
|Cylinder Operating Speed (seconds)|
|Blade||Extension||1.0 ± 0.5||1.3 (1)||1.5 (1)|
|Retraction||0.8 ± 0.5||1.0 (1)||1.2 (1)|
|( 1 )||Maximum|