Prior to replacement of the controller, ensure that replacement is absolutely necessary. The controller is not normally the cause of a diagnostic code. Always check that power is available to the controller and the monitor. Battery voltage is required at contact 1 of connector 1. Ground is required at contact 2 of the harness connector for the controller.
When the controller is replaced, adjustments or calibrations are required. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Proportional Reducing Valve – Calibrate” and Testing and Adjusting, “Governor Actuator – Calibrate”.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the keyswitch to the OFF position.
- Disconnect the machine harnesses from the controller.
- Remove the controller.
- Verify that the replacement for the controller has the correct part number.
- Install the new controller.
- Connect the machine harness to the controller.
- Turn the disconnect switch and the keyswitch to the ON position.
- Verify proper operation of the controller.
- Calibrate the electronic governor. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Governor Actuator- Calibrate”.
- Calibrate the proportional reducing valve. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Proportional Reducing Valve – Calibrate”.