Note: The engine speed and/or the machine configuration that is used during this test can affect the results of this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Engine Performance – Test” for the engine speed that was used for this test. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Operational Checks” for the machine configurations that were used for this test.
Note: The relief valve pressure settings must be set to the relief valve pressure specification before performing this operational check. Refer to Testing and Adjusting, “Specifications”.
- Position the machine on level ground. Refer to Illustration 1.
- Stop the engine.
- To indicate the relationship of the two positions, put a mark (C) on the inner race and the outer race of the swing bearing. The mark will be used as a target to stop the swing operation. Refer to Illustration 2.
(A) Upper frame
(B) Undercarriage frame
- The bucket should be empty.
- Start the engine.
- Place the machine controls at the following settings: Engine speed dial “10” and Low idle switch OFF.
- Place the hydraulic activation control lever in the UNLOCKED position.
- Increase the hydraulic oil temperature to 55° ± 5°C (131° ± 9°F).
- Move the swing joystick in either direction until the machine completes a 180 degree swing operation away from the target.
- Move the swing joystick in either direction until the machine completes a 180 degree swing operation toward the target. Return the swing joystick to the NEUTRAL position at the target.
- Measure the amount of overswing by measuring the distance between the marks on the swing bearing. Refer to Illustration 2.
Note: Use a point that is visible from the operator seat as a reference point for the target.
Table 2 Overswing Item New Rebuild Service Limit Right Swing 650 mm (25.6 inch) or less 710 mm (28.0 inch) or less 830 mm (32.7 inch) or less Left Swing
- Move the swing joystick in each direction and measure the time that is required to complete a 180 degree swing operation.
Table 3 Swing Time Item New Rebuild Service Limit Right Swing 3.8 seconds or less 4.4 seconds or less 4.9 seconds or less Left Swing